Thursday, June 09, 2011

A night of good music.


I had the privilege to go to a live Josh Groban performance last night. I did not expect to enjoy it as much as I did! He is so much "more" than I expected. I guess I haven't really heard him talk much, so just expected him to be the quiet and deep musician type. Did he surprize me! He is alive, and funny! And he rocks on the drums! Who knew?

The audience could text questions to him to answer on stage. He got over 300 texts! Answered about 4. One lady asked if he would do a duet with her. He asked if she was serious, she said yes. He then got down from the stage, went all the way over to her seat and dragged her to center stage to do a duet. I thought that was a pretty awesome (and unexpected) thing for him to do. They sang Happy Birthday to a girl that texted that going to see him live was the most awesome 17th birthday present she could have received.

The opening act was also quite extraordinary. It was a guy called Elew, an amazing pianist. As Josh said later: the things he does with a piano are probably illegal :) He seems to have 6 hands when he plays. I can't help wonder how long a piano lasts when he gets to it...

Once again I wish I had taken a proper camera, but didn't want the schlep. *sigh*

No comments: